A distinctive rookie season: The Steelers didn’t have a pick in the to start with spherical of the 2020 NFL Draft, immediately after trading it to receive Minkah Fitzpatrick. But they continue to uncovered first-round expertise in dynamic extensive receiver Chase Claypool, the team’s 2nd spherical select out of Notre Dame.
Claypool produced a splash this year although getting a important contributor to the offense. He was the recipient of the Joe Greene Wonderful Efficiency Award, provided to the team’s Rookie of the 12 months by the Pittsburgh Chapter of the Pro Soccer Writers of The us and was picked to the Professional Soccer Writers of The us All-Rookie Group.
And on Saturday evening, he will obtain the award, honored at halftime of the activity.
He completed the normal period with 62 receptions for 873 yards, a 14.1-property normal, and 9 receiving touchdowns, introducing 10 carries for 16 yards and two rushing touchdowns.
Claypool had a working day extremely handful of in Steelers background have had In 7 days 4 when he scored four touchdowns in the Steelers 38-29 earn over the Philadelphia Eagles at Heinz Discipline and was named the AFC Offensive Player of the 7 days.
Claypool had 7 receptions for 110 yards, a few of individuals 7 catches have been touchdowns, and also rushed for a two-property rating.
Claypool turned the 1st rookie in crew history to score four touchdowns in a sport, and only the third participant in workforce record to do so, the final one when Roy Jefferson caught 4 landing passes against Atlanta on Nov. 3, 1968, while also getting only the third player in crew background to rating 24 details in a game.
Claypool also turned the very first Steelers rookie with a getting and hurrying touchdown in the same game due to the fact Franco Harris did it at Buffalo in 1972.
Claypool experienced many receptions in all but two games this year, including a occupation superior towards Dallas when he had 8 receptions, likely for 68 yards. He has attained praise from all about the NFL and has been a nightmare for opposing coaches and defensive coordinators.
• Led all rookies with 9 TD receptions in 2020.
• Tied with Antonio Gibson for the second-most total TDs by a rookie in 2020 (11).
• His 11 TDs rank tied for sixth by a rookie wideout in a year considering that 1970.
• His 9 TD receptions rank tied for 10th by a rookie in a season given that 1970.
• Moved previous Louis Lipps (860 in 1984) for third on the Steelers rookie one-year receiving yards record.
• His 62 receptions are the most by a Steelers’ rookie in a single season.
• His 9 TD receptions are tied with Louis Lipps (1984) for the most TD catches by a Steelers’ rookie in a solitary time.
• Joined Jerry Butler (1979) and Harlon Hill (1954) as the only rookie extensive receivers in NFL record to score 4 TDs in a one activity (10/11/20 vs Philadelphia).
• Became the first Steelers rookie in franchise history to rating 4 TDs in a solitary game (Eric Environmentally friendly, Franco Harris and Jimmy Orr every had 3 as rookies).
• Turned the initial Steeler to score 4 TDs in a one match given that 11/3/68 (Roy Jefferson).
• 1st Steelers rookie with a dashing TD and acquiring TD in the exact game considering the fact that Franco Harris at Buffalo (10/29/72).